Overclocking Android devices, Smartphones and Android-based tablets are more and more similar to laptops or desktops in terms of efficiency and ease of use (you can use the device to watch HD movies, to shoot in high resolution, for games, to develop applications , to organize and plan them). work and much more), so now most of us prefer to buy a tablet or a high-end smartphone with a large screen, instead of a classic laptop. That is why, if you have an Android device, you should always look for new ways to improve and improve performance, since you can not afford to constantly buy new smartphones.
And since the best way to improve the performance of Android phones is to use complex and risky operations, you must first thoroughly study everything before setting up your device. Otherwise, it can damage the phone’s software, and this is not very good, especially in relation to the warranty aspect: when performing informal operations, the warranty is no longer valid. Anyway, in the course of this lesson we will discuss Android overclocking; After reading it, you can learn everything that is connected to the overclocking operation, from the advantages and disadvantages to the correct ways to speed up the operation of the Android device.
What is Overclocking?
You will need to disperse your Android smartphone / tablet, if you need more power, because when we do overclocking we mean: increase the frequency / speed of the processor to achieve higher performance. Therefore, the overclocking operation is applied on a smartphone or tablet in the same way as on a PC or laptop, and represents an increase in processor frequency; It is good that it is almost impossible to burn the processor overclocking of the phone (especially if you follow and use special manuals), because mobile processors have many security mechanisms to avoid the depletion of the processor compared to the processors of the computer.
So, is Android overclocking secure? Well, we can say yes, although you need to disperse only 10-20% of the frequency of the receiver, or the device will face another problem: download the battery. In any case, let’s say, you accelerate the phone from 1 GHz to 1.5 GHz; This does not mean that the Android device will work constantly at 1.5 GHz, since this frequency will be used only when necessary (run games or multiple applications, watch HD movies or launch 3D tools).
Well, now you know what is overclocking on the android. In addition, we will talk about how to prepare the device for such an operation and how to perform it.
Overclocking Android devices – preparation
Overclocking the processor frequency is an unofficial operation, which has nothing to do with Android, Google or the manufacturer of your phone.Therefore, before applying this method, you must prepare the device.Unfortunately, there are also negative aspects related to the guarantee: it will be canceled. However, if you are going to overclock the device, first read and follow the steps from the following list.
- Get root-rights on the phone. Increasing the performance of the processor can only be performed if you install your own kernel; and you can do such things first by unlocking the smartphone / tablet system.
- Once you have root access, you will also have access to the internal phone system (factory restrictions will be removed), so the warranty will be void.
- You can restore the warranty by returning the stock firmware to Android or by updating the official Android OS.
- Replace the stock recovery image with a custom image – CWM or TWRP. Stock recovery can not be used when trying to flash the kernel, so the user recovery must be preinstalled.
- Note that many custom firmware already have a custom kernel that supports overclocking; so if the device is currently running on a custom firmware, then the overclocking may already be enabled – in this case you do not have to flash the new kernel.
- It is important to back up data that is stored in the internal memory of the android device, as it is usually required to do wipe (when installing a custom firmware or user kernel).
- In addition, it will be a good idea to create a backup copy of Nandroid to save the current firmware – you will be able to restore it after overclocking.
- You will need a computer, a phone and a USB cable.
- On the computer, you have to install the phone’s drivers and stop the antivirus program.
- You must charge the smartphone / tablet battery before starting the process, and you also need to enable the debug option via USB.
It’s all; now you are ready to disperse the android-device, let’s see how to do it.
How to Overclock Android Devices
So, as already said, you need a custom kernel. Thus, you will need to learn the appropriate manual that can be safely applied on the device; Do not install the kernel without getting all the necessary information, as you will damage the phone’s software.
Do not forget that most custom firmware already has a custom kernel that allows overclocking. In this case, you can skip the operation mentioned above.
Now, after enabling overclocking, you need to download one of these applications: SetCPU, No-frills CPU Control or IncrediControl; Install the application on the device and start. Follow the instructions on the screen, in order to increase the frequency of the processor, reboot and that’s all.