Samsung has created an innovative payment system, called Samsung Pay. In this guide we will explain How to use Samsung pay. Users thanks to it will not have to worry about physical cards in their pocket. It is enough to add a card number to the smartphone and pay through it. Samsung Pay is a simple and secure payment method. It works almost everywhere, you can either hold it or press a card on the data reader. You can enjoy the convenience of payments on the Samsung Galaxy.
Since September 2016 Samsung Pay is available to users of Samsung devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 – from September 22, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 | S8 + – since April 28, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge | S7
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +
- Samsung Galaxy S6 | S6 Edge (NFC only) – since November 8, 2016.
- Samsung Galaxy Note5
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) | A5 (2017) | A3 (2017) – since January 19, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) | A5 (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) | J5 (2017)
- Samsung Gear S3 classic | frontier – since April 11, 2017.
- Samsung Gear Sport (only NFC) – c November 8, 2017g.
How to Use Samsung Pay
How to add a card to Samsung Pay:
• Launch the Samsung Pay application
• Click the Add button
• Add a credit card or a debit card
• After that, you can scan the card or add a number manually
• You can take a picture of the card, the device will automatically add the information you need
• Another option is to manually write the card number, CVV code, ZIP code
• Click “Next”
• Click “Agree” in the “Conditions” section
• Select the authorization method
• Enter OTP
• Enter the signature, click “Save”
After entering all the details, the card was successfully saved and ready for payments
How secure is the Samsung Pay system?
Payments have three levels of security:
• Authorization with the help of a pin or fingerprint
• Digital tokens: when a payment is made, a digital token is requested in the store. The user gives it and payment passes. The digital token changes for each transaction.
• Samsung KNOX constantly monitors for vulnerabilities. Even if the phone is hacked, credit card information is encrypted inside a separate secure vault.
Ease of payment
• Payments on MST devices. Almost 90% of retail networks use to receive payment devices based on the technology of magnetic secure data transmission. Here you need to hold a smartphone, open Samsung Pay and select the card you will pay. Push the smartphone to the right side of the receiving device, the card will be automatically recognized, the question is how much you want to pay. The seller enters the amount, you enter the pin code and the payment is completed.
• Payments on NFC devices. If you pay using Near Field Communication technology, take a smartphone, run the application and select a card for payment. Attach the unit to the top of the receiver. The card will be recognized automatically and you will be asked to choose the payment amount. The seller enters the amount, you enter the pin code and the payment is completed.
How to add PayTM and third-party wallets
• Click «Add PayTM purse»
• Enter the PayTM registration number
• Enter the authorization number
Advantages of Samsung Pay
• Do not carry physical cards with you
• Secure payment methods with fingerprint, digital tokens and Samsung KNOX
• Nobody can crack the card